Frequently Asked Question
1. What type of payment method do you accept?
We accept paypal and Credit Cards
2. How long does it take to get a server online after an order?
Normally your server will be online within the next business day after payment is received. We have servers that are setup as soon as 1.5 hours!
3. Do you provide a network uptime SLA?
Yes, we provide 99.9% network uptime SLA. For each hour that our network is unavailable, we will credit your monthly fee by 5% per hour. (up to 50% credit in a billing cycle)
4. Do you provide server hardware SLA?
Yes, we provide 2 hours SLA on hardware replacement that cause your server to be offline. For each hour above 2 hours that your server is down due to a hardware that is not fixed or replaced, we will credit your monthly fee by 5% per hour. (up to= 50% credit)
5. What kind of support do you offer?
All servers in Serverstadium are unmanaged server. However if there is a hardware issue, we will replace the problematic hardware free of charge.
Support for non-hardware issue is charged at $20 per 15 minutes (during business hours) and $80/hour during off business hours.
6. Your server pricing seems to be low. Is there a catch?
We make it low so that our reseller can resell our servers and still be competitive in the market place. And no, there is no catch. What you see is what you get.
7. Do I need to sign a long term contract?
No, you don't. You can rent the server on a monthly basis. You don't even need to give us advance notice for cancellation. As soon as you cancel your server with us, we will stop billing you and you can use your server until the end of your prepaid period.
8. I don't see a phone number in your website. How do I know that serverstadium is for real?
In order to keep our price low, we need to keep our cost down. As a result we do not provide phone support. The best way to get a hold of us is to email or . Our support department is staffed 24/7, so you can expect a reply within minutes.
9. Who can rent servers from serverstadium.com?
Only "active" resellers can purchase servers from SS.
10. What do you mean by "active" resellers?
Active resellers are those that actively market their hosting services. One that puts effort into selling/offering hosting services.
11. How much extra would we be looking at to do 10tb on a 1Gbps connection?
We don't offer 10 TB on 1 Gbps connection. You can only get 1 TB on a 1 Gbps connection. Any bandwidth overage is billed at 10 cents per GB.
12. If I have a customer that is listed in http://www.spamhaus.org, can my customer use serverstadium server?
ABSOLUTELY NOT. We absolutely do not allow anyone who is listed in http://www.spamhaus.org, to use our servers. We will immediately terminate the server without prior notification if you use our server. Or if you cause our IP to be listed in http://www.spamhaus.org, we will also immediately terminate your server without notice.
13. Is there any discount for renting multiple servers?
We have priced our servers at a big discount already. As such we do not offer any additional discount for renting multiple servers.
14. I am starting a hosting company where I will be selling vps, virtual hosting and dedicated server. Can I get a server from Serverstadium for my own use while we are developing my website and for vps and virtual hosting?
Yes, you can rent our servers for vps, virtual hosting as long as you also offers dedicated servers to your customers.
15. I have a game server hosting company. Can I use Serverstadium servers for my own game server hosting?
Yes, you can rent our servers for your own use as long as you are also offering dedicated server to your customers.
16. I am ready to purchase a server from you. How can I start?
Please sign up as a reseller by filling up the following form: http://www.serverstadium.com/dedicated/index.php/ss/signup
We will review your account within 24 hours. Once your account is approved, you can start purchasing servers from Serverstadium via our web ordering system. You can also configure your server with additional hard drives, ram, etc.
17. Is there a cost to setup software raid?
If the server supports software raid, we will install it for you free of charge. You will need 2 HD to do RAID1
18. If I have kvmip with media support, can I install my own OS?
Yes, you can do whatever you want since you have full control over your server.
19. If I want to upgrade or downgrade a server after its already been online, is there a setup fee?
No,There is no setup fee upgrades however, if you want to downgrade your server, there is a minimum of $25 setup fee. For example if you want to cancel your kvm/ip, then there is a one time fee of $25.
Please note that some Servers are not eligible for upgrades.
20. If there is an upgrade/downgrade fee, i may as well just cancel my current server and order a new server. That way I don't get charge for the upgrade/downgrade fee.
If you don't have any data that you need in your server, this is actually the cheapest way to modify your server. The reason for this is because it is actually easier for us to build new server and take down cancelled server rather than modify an existing server. When it comes to modifying an existing server, our support department, billing department, and a coordinator has to be involved to make sure that server modification and that recurring billing gets updated correctly.
21. I have a server and I am running out of CPU power. I need to upgrade my server to a more powerful server. What is my option?
You can order a new server and keep both servers online until you completed the data move. After that you can request to cancel the old server. If you want, we can also move the IP to your new server. That way you can use the same IP. There is a one time support fee to move IPs from 1 server to another server.
22. Is there any tools we can use to check serverstadium network?
Yes, it's on: http://tools.serverstadium.com/. You can traceroute, ping, check peering ASN, and speed testing.
23. What happens if my server gets DDOS or attacked in anyway?
If the attack cause a negative effect on other customers' network, then we will immediately null route the attacked IP.
24. If I have many servers with you and 1 of my server gets a large DDOS that negatively affects the network, will only 1 of my server that gets DDOS gets terminated or will all of my servers be terminated?
If one of your client's server gets DDOS, we will terminate the server that gets DDOS only. But if this keeps on happening with most of your clients then we will discontinue your reseller status and ask you to move to other hosting provider.
25. If I have a hardware issue with my server, what will you do?
We will replace the problematic hardware. However, if your server is still not accessible, then we will setup a new server and mount the original hard drive as a secondary or connect it via USB until you move all the data to the new server, at which time we will take off the old hard drive. There is no support fee to replace faulty hardware.
26. What is the maximum number of IPs that I can have in my server?
Every server has different number of maximum ips that you can have. Please refer to the maximum ip (example screenshot here) to see how many ips your particular server can get.
Here are 3 scenarios that can happen when needing additional IPs:
1st scenario: 1st scenario: You order the server with 4 IPs only. Then 5 days later you decided that you need more IPs but cannot change the initial 4 IPs that you have in your server. In this scenario, you can only get 4 additional IPs for $8/mo. (total usable IPs are 8 IPs)
2nd scenario: You order the server with 4 IPs only. Then 5 days later you decided that you need more IPs and you don't mind giving up the initial 4 IPs to be changed to a new subnet. In this scenario, you can get a total of 12 IPs for $8/mo. (total usable IPs are 12 IPs)
3rd scenario: You order the server with 12 IPs. That's it. You are not able to add any additional IPs beyond 12 IPs.
Note: some servers can only have a maximum of 4 IPs. (If the IP is not upgradeable when you are placing your order, then you can never upgrade the IP for that particular server)
27. What should I do if I want do setup reverse dns?
Please email for this request. Its free of charge :)
28. How can i test serverstadium's speed?
29. If I have many servers at Serverstadium and only 1 of my server is violating Serverstadium Terms of Service, will all of my servers be affected?
No. Only the server that is violating our TOS is affected.
30. I have many servers with Serverstadium and one of my customer does not pay. So I cannot pay that particular server. Will all of my other servers be affected?
No. Only the server that is not paid will be terminated.